Aerification is one of the single most important things you can do for your yard after a year like we have had. Some of the benefits of aeration are listed below.
- Loosens Compacted Soil
- Breaks-up and/or removes thatch
- Improves Water Infiltration
- Improves Nutrient Infiltration
- Increases Oxygen Supply to Roots
- Releases Carbon Dioxide
- Encourages New, Deeper Root Growth
Make sure before aeration that you water 4-5 times / week for about 2-3 weeks so you get the results you are looking for. Without this the tines will not make it the 2-3" depth that is needed.